ESTANCIA ARROYO VERDE
Neuquén · Argentina
Estancia Arroyo Verde is one of the most unique experiences in all of Patagonia.
Estancia Arroyo Verde is located within the Nahuel Huapi National Park in northern Patagonia, near the town of Bariloche. The estancia has a deep history, family-owned and operated by the Lariviere family for over 35 years. Arroyo Verde allows guests exclusive access to the Traful River, first made famous by pioneers of fly fishing in Patagonia like Joe Brooks, Mel Krieger, Ernest Schwiebert, and Jorge Trucco.
The Traful River flows between two lakes, through a secluded, spectacularly scenic valley of wind-and-water sculpted rock formations punctuated by breath-taking views of the crystal clear Lake Traful with the backdrop of the white-capped Andes and lush forests. Giant brown trout, huge rainbow trout, and even landlocked Atlantic Salmon migrate through the river between the two lakes, making Estancia Arroyo Verde one of the best rivers in all of Patagonia for catching trophy-sized trout on a fly. The fishing can be technical, and it is a quality over quantity fishery; perfect for intermediate to advanced anglers searching for a true fish of a lifetime.
The traditional wood and stone built lodge overlooks the beautiful river valley and gin-clear Traful River. The buildings are surrounded by landscaped gardens, tactfully adorned with outside seating areas to enjoy the colorful sunsets over the valley. The main lodge features a sun-lounge, bar, living-room and dining-room, all with fireplaces designed to create a cozy, relaxed atmosphere for guests. There are six spacious, comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms, each with private en suite bath.
All of our trips begin or end with domestic flights from Buenos Aires to either Bariloche or San Martin de los Andes. We will meet you at the airport and take care of you for the duration of your stay with us in northern Patagonia.
- The countryside is absolutely captivating, the estancia nestled in a secluded, magical valley with breathtaking scenery.
- Exclusive access to the Traful River, first made famous by the pioneers of Patagonia fly fishing: Joe Brooks, Mel Krieger, Ernest Schwiebert, and Jorge Trucco.
- The Traful is unique, flowing between two lakes and receiving runs of giant brown and rainbow trout as well as landlocked Atlantic salmon.
- The historic lodge is defined by graceful, elegant accommodations and sophisticated service punctuated by 5-star dining experience.
- Sizeable fish
- Spectacular landscapes
- Historic, elegant lodge
- Family owned and operated
- Fine cuisine and wines
Contact us today to find out more.