SAN HUBERTO LODGE
Neuquén · Argentina
San Huberto Lodge is an amazing farm-to-table experience combined with some of the best walk-and-wade fly fishing for rainbow and brown trout in northern Patagonia.
Estancia San Huberto is owned by the Olsen family, and operated as a 25,000 acre farm-to-table experience. Their gardens are extensive, and their free-range beef and lamb are absolutely incredible, pairing perfectly with a local Argentine Malbec. Guests here often return just for the food!
Fishing guests staying at San Huberto Lodge enjoy private access to 25 miles of the famous Malleo River. The Malleo is mostly spring-fed, with crystal clear waters perfect for sight fishing, reliable hatches, and dry fly fishing opportunities. And it is the perfect size for walk-and-wade fishing.
Jorge Trucco helped get catch-and-release legislation on the Malleo back in 1985. The river has now been protected for decades. The result is some of the highest populations of trout anywhere in Patagonia. With so much great water – and so many trout – San Huberto is ideal for anglers of all skill levels.
San Huberto was named after “Saint Hubert”, the patron saint of hunters, and began as a hunting lodge around the mid 20th Century. The lodge was completely renovated in 1999, is updated (and upgraded) annually, and is now exclusively operated for fly fishing. San Huberto features 10 guest rooms, and can accommodate up to 16 guests, with a maximum of 12 anglers. It’s a great destination for non-anglers. Guests here enjoy plenty of room to relax. A favorite “hang-out” is the upstairs fireplace, perfect for evening pisco-sours and stories of rising trout from the day’s fishing.
Every Patagonia Outfitters Itinerary is fully customize-able.
Our team has been organizing memorable fishing adventures in Argentina for nearly 40 years, and will work with you to build the perfect itinerary. The 70,000 acre ranch at Estancia Collon Cura allows for ample access for a full week of fishing new water every day. It’s also a great place to enjoy a few nights in combination with a stay at one (or more) of our other partner lodges and estancias, overnight camping trips, or other non-angling travel in Argentina such as wine-tasting in Mendoza or touring the famous Iguazu Falls.
All of our trips begin or end with domestic flights from Buenos Aires to either Bariloche or San Martin de los Andes. We will meet you at the airport and take care of you for the duration of your stay with us in northern Patagonia.
- 25 miles of private access on the best stretches of the Malleo River.
- Great for novice, intermediate, or advanced anglers.
- The Malleo is mostly spring-fed, with crystal clear waters perfect for sight fishing, reliable hatches, and dry fly fishing opportunities.
- Perfect-sized river for walk and wade fishing.
- Jorge Trucco helped get catch-and-release legislation on the Malleo in 1985; with decades of protection the river has some of the highest trout populations in Patagonia.
- Exclusive access to the best of the Malleo River.
- Spring-fed river with reliable hatches.
- Consistent water conditions all season long.
- Incredibly healthy trout populations.
- 25,000 acre family owned, farm-to-table estancia
Contact us today to find out more.