Neuquén · Argentina
Estancia Pilolil is among the premier destinations for fly fishing adventures in the heart of northern Patagonia, Argentina.
The 23,000 acre private estancia is perfectly situated in the heart of this trout-filled region, conveniently located a short drive from the regional airport at San Martin de Los Andes. Estancia Pilolil is a working ranch, bordering over 10 miles of the west bank of the scenic Aluminé River, with ten miles of the most productive stretches of this famous river, and dozens of other excellent fisheries within easy striking distance.
The Aluminé River is famous for its incredible hatches and dry fly fishing, while nymphs and streamer fishing can also produce very large rainbow and brown trout. The Aluminé River’s banks are lined with willows, providing ideal habitat for both aquatic and terrestrial insects. It is a spectacularly beautiful river featuring panoramic landscapes set amongst vivid canyon walls.
There are daily options for both floating in drift boats or rafts, or wade fishing the countless riffles, pools, and runs of this fantastic fly fishing river.
The Pilolil Lodge is perched along the banks of the Aluminé, accommodating up to 12 guests in deluxe comfort, including incredible cuisine, fine Argentine wines, and five-star service. Non-angling guests will enjoy daily options for horseback rides, hiking, sightseeing, and shopping in the nearby towns, or simply relaxing with a good book.
All of our trips begin or end with domestic flights from Buenos Aires to either Bariloche or San Martin de los Andes. We will meet you at the airport and take care of you for the duration of your stay with us in northern Patagonia.
- Ideal location in the heart of northern Patagonia.
- Exclusive access on the 23,000 acre estancia with 10 miles of river frontage.
- Deluxe streamside lodge on the banks of the prolific Aluminé River.
- Direct access to the best stretches of the Aluminé River, and very close to even more great
fishing on countless nearby rivers, creeks, and lakes.
- The Aluminé is famous for its incredible hatches and dry fly fishing, while nymphs and
streamer fishing can also produce very large rainbow and brown trout.
- Exceptional fishing on the Aluminé River
- Daily options for floating or wading
- Diverse fishing with dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
- Extraordinary lodging, cuisine, service, and staff
- Convenient location
Contact us today to find out more.