Neuquén · Argentina
Tipiliuke Lodge is a five-star destination well-known for its distinguished service, accommodation, and cuisine. And great trout fishing!
Tipiliuke is conveniently located a mere 15 minutes from the town of San Martin de los Andes, on the 50,000 acre Estancia Cerro de los Pinos. The Larminat family founded the estancia in 1909, and continue to operate the historic working cattle ranch today. Gauchos–many of them the same families that helped start the estancia over a hundred years ago–still round up the cattle on horseback. The entire experience is a step back in time.
Guests staying at Tipiliuke Lodge have access to nine miles of the famous Chimehuin River, and four miles of the Quilquihue River. The Chimehuin was the first “famous” river in Patagonia, written about by Joe Brooks in the 1950/60s. Both rivers offer clear waters and consistent hatches, so fishing by dry flies, nymphs, or streamers can all be excellent options any day of the season. These are also two of the best rivers for wade-fishing in Patagonia. Resident rainbow and brown trout average 14-20 inches. Trophy trout up to 30 inches are landed each season!
Tipiliuke is a perfect destination for non-fishing guests as well, offering horseback riding, hiking, and close to town for shopping and other local sightseeing.
The lodge accommodates up to sixteen guests, with a maximum of twelve anglers, in well-appointed rooms eachwith en-suite bath. There are comfortable living rooms and social areas,a sauna and hot tub, even an outside fire pit for evening stories and tall tales of the “one that got away”
Every Patagonia Outfitters Itinerary is fully customize-able.
Our team has been organizing memorable fishing adventures in Argentina for nearly 40 years, and will work with you to build the perfect itinerary. The 70,000 acre ranch at Estancia Collon Cura allows for ample access for a full week of fishing new water every day. It’s also a great place to enjoy a few nights in combination with a stay at one (or more) of our other partner lodges and estancias, overnight camping trips, or other non-angling travel in Argentina such as wine-tasting in Mendoza or touring the famous Iguazu Falls.
All of our trips begin or end with domestic flights from Buenos Aires to either Bariloche or San Martin de los Andes. We will meet you at the airport and take care of you for the duration of your stay with us in northern Patagonia.
- More than 17 miles of incredible trout streams, including private access to 9 miles ofthe famous Chimehuin River and 4 miles of the Quilquihue River.
- The Chimehuin was the first “famous” river in Patagonia, written about by Joe Brooksin the 1950s/60s.
- Very convenient fishing access, with the furthest fishing locations on the estancia lessthan 15 minute drive from the lodge.
- From Tipiliuke Lodge we can also offer floating productive sections of the upperand lower Chimehuin River.
- Clear waters and consistent hatches make for reliable dry fly fishing.
- Both rainbow and brown trout here average 14-20 inches, with monster brownsnearing 30 inches landed each season.
- Convenient location
- Privte access to 9 miles of the Chimehuin River and 4 miles of the Quilquihue River
- Ideal wade fishing opportunities–Diverse fishing including dry fly, nymphs, streamers
- Very comfortable, high-end lodge
Tipiliuke Lodge. The lodge has 9 exquisitely furnished double rooms, each with its private bathroom, comfortable living and dining areas and an attractive bar where experiences are shared every evening. The cuisine is superb. In addition to your Patagonia Outfitter’s guide who will be with you every day, the lodge hosts, together with their friendly and efficient staff will see to your every request. Tipiliuke is also a great place for guests who may be traveling with non-fishing spouses or the more casual fisher-person. Horseback rides and treks as well as sight seeing or even shopping tours can be arranged due to its proximity to San Martín de los Andes.